Brainstorming household budgets
Students review monthly incomes and household expenses to practice making budget decisions, including about housing and roommates.
Budgeting helps you make sure you have enough money to pay for the things you need, build up your savings, and still be able to afford to buy some things you want.
- What items do people need to include in a budget when they live on their own?
- How does having a roommate change the costs of living on your own?
- Learn what items household budgets often include
- Understand how adding roommates can help a household budget
What students will do
- Brainstorm what items a household budget may include.
- Decide which type of apartment they want to rent, based on a sample monthly income and budget.
- Explore how having roommates can help with monthly expenses.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.