Bouncing ball budgets
Through an interactive game, students share spending decisions they’ve made in the past and start to think about their spending habits in new ways.
As consumers, people make spending and saving decisions all the time.
- When I receive money, do I tend to save it or spend it?
- What are my spending habits?
- Practice active listening and reflect on their own spending habits
- Realize that spending decisions often reflect habits that develop over time
What students will do
- Form a circle and toss or bounce the ball to different classmates.
- Answer a question about their spending habits based on the number they see when they catch the ball.
- Reflect on their own spending habits as they listen to classmates’ answers.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.