Becoming familiar with taxes
Students match tax types to definitions and then apply their knowledge to tax scenarios.
To manage expenses, governments raise money by collecting different types of taxes.
- What are some types of taxes people have to pay?
- Which taxes are most common in a person’s life?
- Become familiar with key vocabulary related to taxes
- Develop a sense of how taxes affect their own lives
What students will do
- Read scenarios and determine what taxes are involved.
- Analyze how taxes may impact their own lives.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.