Students analyze case studies and apply the 50-30-20 rule of budgeting.
Budgeting helps ensure that you’ll have enough money for the things you need and the things you want, while still building your savings for future goals.
- What are rules to live by for budgeting?
- How can they help inform spending decisions?
- Create a budget using the 50-30-20 rule
- Analyze a budget to see if it meets the 50-30-20 rule
What students will do
- Learn the 50-30-20 rule of budgeting.
- Use the “Analyzing budgets” worksheet to determine whether a scenario from the “Budget scenarios” handout meets the 50-30-20 rule.
- Give advice to help the characters in the scenario meet the 50-30-20 rule.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.