Skip to main content

I want to certify that I work for a qualified employer in order to qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness. What do I do?

Complete the Employment Certification for Public Service Loan Forgiveness to keep track of your eligible employment and qualifying loan payments under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.

You can download a blank form directly from the U.S. Department of Education.

You will need your employer’s help to complete the certification form. Complete sections one and two on your own, then ask your employer to complete and sign sections three and four before you submit the form. Some employers may already have an established process for submitting this form. You should check with your employer for more information.

Once you and your employer has filled out the Employment Certification Form, you can send it, with your employer’s certification, to FedLoan Servicing.*

You may mail the form to this address:

U.S. Department of Education
FedLoan Servicing
P.O. Box 69184
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9184

You may also fax your Employment Certification Form to 717-720-1628.

If FedLoan Servicing is already your servicer, you may upload your form on FedLoan Servicing's website.

*FedLoan Servicing, one of the federal loan servicers, administers the PSLF Program on behalf of the Department of Education.

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.