Skip to main content

I paid off my mortgage but it is still listed on my credit report as outstanding. What can I do?

You should file a dispute with the credit bureaus about the error. 

You can also file a complaint with the CFPB online or call (855) 411-CFPB (2372) to file a complaint and be connected to a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselor.