Skip to main content

I lost a check written to me before I endorsed it by signing the back of the check. What should I do?

If you lost a check written to you without endorsing it, you should ask the person who wrote it to stop payment so no one else can cash the check. You can also ask the person for a second check.

Take the next step

Submit a complaint

We’ll forward your issue to the company, give you a tracking number, and keep you updated on the status of your complaint.

Submit a complaint

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.