Skip to main content

Can they charge me interest on a charge I told them I did not make?

If you have given the card issuer written notice of the billing dispute, you do not have to pay the amount in dispute while the card issuer is investigating, and the card issuer cannot charge interest on that amount. 

In addition, if you pay your entire bill except for the disputed amount, you will still be entitled to a grace period on new purchases.