Skip to main content

Can I use the Military Savings Deposit Program SDP if I'm deployed overseas but not to a combat zone?

You can’t use the SDP unless you are receiving Hostile Fire Pay, but some banks or credit unions offer special interest-bearing accounts when a military customer deploys that may match the SDP rate. 

You should ask your financial institution if they have any special products available to you during deployment.