2018 CFPB Research Conference
On May 3–4, 2018, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) will host its third research conference on consumer finance.
Call for papers
This includes, but is not limited to, work on:
- The ways consumers and households make decisions about borrowing, saving, and financial risk-taking
- How various forms of credit (mortgage, student loans, credit cards, installment loans, etc.) affect household well-being
- The structure and functioning of consumer financial markets
- Distinct and underserved populations
- Relevant innovations in modeling or data
- Particular areas of interest for the CFPB are the dynamics of households’ balance sheets and mandated disclosures in consumer finance
2016 CFPB Research Conference
On Dec. 15–16, 2016, we hosted our second research conference in Washington, D.C. The goal of the conference was to connect the core community of researchers and policymakers with the best research being conducted across a wide range of disciplines and approaches that can inform the topic of consumer finance.
2015 CFPB Research Conference
On May 7–8, 2015, we hosted our first research conference at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington, D.C. The goal of the conference was to highlight research on the topic of consumer finance that can inform researchers and policymakers on the topic of consumer finance.