Screening Reports, Inc.
Provides background screening services to the multifamily housing industry. Offers screening services for affordable, conventional and student housing properties.
Contact this company to request your report
- This company will provide one free report every 12 months if you request it.
- Requesting copies of your own consumer reports does not hurt your credit scores.
- For companies required to provide the information in your report for free annually upon request, they must do so within fifteen days of receiving your request.
How to use this report
Here's what may be included in this report:
- Previous rental verification and employment verification
- Consumer credit reports
- Landlord tenant eviction reports
- Criminal reports
- Sex offender reports
- Foreign asset compliance (OFAC search)
If you are applying as a tenant for a residential property, ask the management company for the name(s) of consumer reporting company it will be using to screen you.
Contact the screener(s) to fact-check your information and dispute it as needed. If a landlord refuses to rent to you or charges you more because of something in a background check, be sure to know your .
How to dispute the information in your report
If you find information in your consumer report that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the legal right to dispute the report’s content with the consumer reporting company and the company that shared the information to the reporting company, such as your lender. Under the FCRA, companies must conduct – free of charge – a reasonable investigation of your dispute. The company that has provided the incorrect information must correct the error, and notify all of the consumer reporting companies to whom it provided the inaccurate information.