Skip to main content

Do I have to use an estate planning service or pay to find a reverse mortgage?

You do not have to pay an estate planning service or anyone else to find you a reverse mortgage. 

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides both a list of HUD-approved lenders on its website at no cost to you and referrals to HUD-approved housing counselors who can help you determine whether a reverse mortgage is the best option for you.

You can find a HUD-approved counselor by visiting HUD’s counselor search page or calling HUD’s housing counselor referral line (800) 569-4287.

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.