Skip to main content

Can my card issuer change my credit card from a MasterCard to a Visa - or from a gas card/department store card to a MasterCard?

Yes. While the law does not permit the mailing of unsolicited cards, the card issuer can substitute one credit card for another. 

For example, your card issuer can send a substitute card when there is a change in the card issuer's name, the name of the card, or the features of the card. After the substitution, only one credit account can remain active for use.