Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace culture
In accordance with federal law, we work hard to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers we serve.
We out-perform government-wide averages
The number of minority employees in our workforce is 1.3 percentage points higher than the government-wide average.
The number of women in our workforce is 6.7 percentage points higher than the government-wide average.
Higher inclusion quotient
Our inclusion quotient is 9.5 percentage points higher than the government-wide score.
Come work with us
People are our most valuable resource. We welcome potential candidates from all backgrounds to contribute their experiences and perspectives to help ensure that consumer financial markets work for consumers, responsible providers, and the economy as a whole.
How we support diversity and inclusion
Training on diversity and inclusion
We train staff to value the benefits of diversity and inclusion, and to develop skills for interacting in an inclusive environment. Training topics have included:
- Working in a multi-generational work environment
- Understanding and eliminating micro-triggers in the workplace
- Engaging in difficult but critical conversations
- Recognizing and mitigating unconscious bias
- Managing and leading in a diverse environment and fostering inclusion
- Understanding EEO laws
Celebrating our differences
We regularly celebrate our employees' diversity by hosting or supporting educational and heritage events throughout the year. Events have included:
- International Diversity Day
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Black History Month
- Caribbean Heritage Month
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Women's History Month
These groups work to engage our workforce and embed diversity and inclusion into the organizational fabric of the Bureau by providing diverse perspectives and guidance to leadership:
- Diversity and Inclusion Council of Employees (DICE)
- Workforce of the Future Committee (WFF)
- The Diversity and Inclusion Executive Advisory Council (EAC)
- A variety of employee resource and affinity groups that provide an opportunity for networking, learning, and sharing of perspectives. These groups, which are open to all employees, include:
- RISE - Relate Inspire Serve Empower (Black heritage)
- Adelante (Hispanic heritage)
- Pride (LGBTQ+)