To be sure that we hear from a variety of experts with diverse viewpoints, we set up the Consumer Advisory Board, the Community Bank Advisory Council, the Credit Union Advisory Council, and the Academic Research Council. These advisory committees provide us with information about emerging trends and practices in the consumer financial marketplace. They also allow us to hear directly from small financial institutions.
Starting today, we’re accepting applications for membership in all four of our advisory committees. We’re inviting applications from individuals who can provide us with advice as we carry out our work. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experts in consumer protection, community development, consumer finance, fair lending, and civil rights
- Experts in consumer financial products or services, including consumer reporting, debt collections, and debt relief
- Representatives of banks and credit unions that primarily serve underserved communities
- Representatives of communities that have been significantly impacted by higher priced mortgage loans
- Current employees of credit unions and community banks
- Academics (experienced economists with a strong research and publishing or practitioner background, and a record of involvement in research and public policy, including public or academic service)
How to apply
For more information on how to apply to serve on the Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, Credit Union Advisory Council, or the Academic Research Council, you can:
- Review on how to submit an application for membership
- Learn more about our Advisory Committees
- Visit our for more information.