We are accepting applications for our Advisory Committees
To ensure that the CFPB hears from a variety of external experts with diverse viewpoints, we established the Consumer Advisory Board, the Community Bank Advisory Council, the Credit Union Advisory Council, and the Academic Research Council. These advisory committees provide the Bureau with information about emerging trends and practices in the consumer financial marketplace. They also allow us to hear directly from small financial institutions.
Starting Monday, January 11, we’re accepting applications for membership on all four of our advisory committees. We’re inviting applications from individuals who can provide us with insight and advice as we carry out our work. Here are some examples of the types of applicants we’re looking for:
- Experts in consumer protection, community development, consumer finance, fair lending, and civil rights
- Experts in consumer financial products or services, including consumer reporting, student lending, small dollar lending, credit cards, debt collection, and debt relief
- Experts in consumer finance education
- Representatives of banks and credit unions that serve underserved communities
- Representatives of communities that have been significantly impacted by higher priced mortgage loans
- Current employees of credit unions and community banks
- Academics (experienced economists with a strong research and publishing or practitioner background, and a record of involvement in research and public policy, including public or academic service)
How to apply
Visit the Apply to serve on the advisory committees page and follow the instructions to submit a complete packet including:
- Cover letter explaining interests and qualifications
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letter(s) from a third party describing the interests and qualifications to serve
- Completed questionnaire
If you require a reasonable accommodation or a machine-readable version to complete the application, please email CFPB_BoardandCouncilsApps@cfpb.gov.
Only complete application packets received on or before February 24, 2021, will be given consideration for membership on the advisory committees.
For more information about the advisory committees or how to apply to serve on the Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, Credit Union Advisory Council, or the Academic Research Council, you can:
- Learn more about our Advisory Committees
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions