Our commenting and moderation policy
The CFPB blog and Facebook page aim to facilitate conversations about the work of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
We want your comments to drive this conversation, but, of course, we also expect your comments to be courteous, constructive, and related to our core mission, which is consumer financial protection.
The purpose of this site is for the CFPB to engage members of the public of all ages in conversation about our activities, programs, and services for consumers in the financial marketplace.
We encourage comments—your ideas, concerns, and suggestions are critical to us achieving our mission of protecting consumers and arming people with the information and tools they need to make informed financial decisions. All comments on our social media pages are reviewed. In order to ensure that we maintain a safe and productive online community, we reserve the right to remove comments from our pages.
We may remove or reject comments that contain:
- Social Security numbers, home or business addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other personally identifiable information (PII)
- Material advocating an imminent crime or designed to incite violence
- Personal attacks including defamatory, libelous, or slanderous content, or content that constitutes cyberharassment or cyberstalking
- Material that contains sexual, overly graphic, or obscene content
- Promotions, solicitations, proposals or inquiries relating to contracting, commercial business, products or services, or business ideas
- Solicitation of funds
- Spam or other off topic comments
We will not change or edit any post from the public, so please be sure your comment follows these guidelines or it may be removed in its entirety.
Due to the complexities of many of the financial issues we work on, some questions posted to us may not be answered on social media. If you have a question or complaint about a consumer financial product or service, please call us at toll-free at (855) 411-CFPB (2372), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. Complaints can also be submitted online.