Accepting applications for our Advisory Board and Councils
To be sure that we hear from a variety of experts with diverse viewpoints, we set up the Consumer Advisory Board, the Community Bank Advisory Council, and the Credit Union Advisory Council. These advisory groups provide us with information about emerging trends and practices in the consumer financial marketplace. They also allow us to hear directly from small financial institutions.
Today, we’re accepting applications for membership on all of our advisory groups. We’re inviting applications from individuals who can provide us with guidance as we carry out our work. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experts in consumer protection, community development, consumer finance, fair lending, and civil rights
- Experts in consumer financial products or services
- Representatives of banks that primarily serve underserved communities
- Representatives of communities that have been significantly impacted by higher priced mortgage loans
- Current employees of credit unions and community banks
- Academics (Experts in consumer finance markets and underserved populations.)
How to apply
For more information on how to apply to serve on the Consumer Advisory Board or one of these Advisory Councils you can:
- Review instructions on how to submit an application for membership
- Apply online (Applying online is highly encouraged, however a paper application is available for download)
- Learn more about our Advisory Groups
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Only complete application packets received on or before March 1, 2017, will be given consideration for membership on the Board and Councils.
* The Bureau provides access to machine readable application materials to members of the public that are visually impaired. The readable applications are available for download here: Consumer Advisory Board application | Advisory Councils application .
How many seats are available?
- 7 seats on the Consumer Advisory Board will become vacant in the fall of 2017.
- 2 seats on the Community Bank Advisory Council will become vacant in the fall of 2017.
- 6 seats on the Credit Union Advisory Council will become vacant in the fall of 2017.