Skip to main content

My mortgage servicer says I never made my payment but I did. What can I do?

You should send a notice of error to your servicer. 

This is a letter with which you would be disputing the error and explaining the issue to your servicer.

If you are at risk of foreclosure  or you have been served legal papers, you may also want to consult an attorney. If you need help finding an attorney you can find lawyer referrals in your county and state by visiting the American Bar Association website

. If you have low or moderate income, visit to see if there are programs in your state that offer free legal help.

If you have a problem with your mortgage, you can also submit a complaint with the CFPB online or by calling (855) 411-CFPB (2372).

Was this answer helpful to you?

Please do not share any personally identifiable information (PII), including, but not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, account information, or any other information of a sensitive nature.