Skip to main content

Is there somewhere I can talk to someone in-person? Is there somewhere local that can help me?

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has approved housing counseling agencies that may be available to meet and talk with you.

To find a HUD-approved housing counseling agency today, call the CFPB at (855) 411-CFPB (2372).

If you are facing imminent foreclosure or have been served with legal papers, you may also need to consult an attorney. If you need help finding an attorney, you can view this list of legal aid services in your state, or you can find lawyer referrals in your county and state by visiting the American Bar Association website .