To be sure that we hear from a variety of experts with diverse viewpoints, we set up the Consumer Advisory Board and two other advisory groups – the Community Bank Advisory Council and Credit Union Advisory Council. These groups allow us to hear directly from small financial institutions. They also provide us with information about emerging trends and practices in the consumer financial products and services industries.
Today, we’re accepting applications for membership on all of our advisory groups. We’re inviting applications from individuals who can provide us with guidance as we carry out our work. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experts in consumer protection, community development, consumer finance, fair lending, and civil rights
- Experts in consumer financial products or services
- Representatives of banks that primarily serve underserved communities
- Representatives of communities that have been significantly impacted by higher priced mortgage loans
- Current employees of credit unions and community banks
- Academics (Experts in research methodologies, framing research questions, data collection, and analytic strategies.)
How many seats are available?
- 7 seats on the Consumer Advisory Board will become vacant in the fall of 2016.
- 8 seats on the Community Bank Advisory Council will become vacant in the fall of 2016.
- 8 seats on the Credit Union Advisory Council will become vacant in the fall of 2016.