Ability to repay and qualified mortgages (ATR/QM)
Resources to help industry participants understand, implement, and comply with the Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage (ATR/QM) rule.
On February 23, 2022, the Bureau released a on the interest rate that is used for calculating prepaid interest under the price-based General QM APR calculation rule for certain ARMs and step-rate loans.
On April 27, 2021, the Bureau issued a final rule to extend the mandatory compliance date of the General QM Final Rule. The Bureau has also provided an and updated other compliance aids for the ATR/QM Rule, which can be found below.
Browse the ATR/QM rules to see specific amendments made by each final rule to Regulation Z.
Regulations and official interpretations
Browse Regulation Z (12 CFR1026) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Main ATR/QM rule provisions and official interpretations can be found in:
- § 1026.43(a), Scope
- § 1026.43(b), Definitions
- § 1026.43(c), Ability to repay
- § 1026.43(d), Refinancing of non-standard mortgages
- § 1026.43(e), Qualified mortgage
- § 1026.43(f), Balloon-payment qualified mortgages made by certain creditors
- § 1026.43(g), Prepayment penalties
- Appendix Q to Part 1026—Standards for determining monthly debt and income
- Supplement I to Part 1026 (including official interpretations for the above provision)
Proposed rule changes and related materials
Sign up for updates about mortgage rule implementation.
Small entity compliance guide
Supervision and examination materials
Guides to how the Bureau will supervise and examine entities under its jurisdiction for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.