Regulation V implements the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Regulation V generally applies to:
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Persons that obtain and use information about consumers to determine the consumer's eligibility for products, services, or employment,
- Persons that share such information among affiliates, and
- Furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies.
This regulation covers topics such as:
- Identity theft
- Duties of furnishers of information
- Duties of users of consumer reports
- Duties of consumer reporting agencies
- File disclosures to consumers
- Affiliate marketing
- Use of medical information