- Senior Economist, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Senior Fellow and Co-Director Opportunity and Ownership Initiative, Urban Institute
- Visiting Associate Professor, Georgetown University McCourt School of Public Policy
- Ph.D. in Economics, Cornell University
- M.A. in Economics, Cornell University
- B.A. in Mathematics and Economics, Wheaton College
Gregory Mills, Signe-Mary McKernan, Caroline Ratcliffe, Sara Edelstein, Michael Pergamit, and Breno Braga. "Building Savings for Success: Early Impacts from the Assets for Independence Program Randomized Evaluation." Special issue: Effective Financial Capability Interventions for Economically Vulnerable Individuals and Families, Journal of Consumer Affairs, Volume 53, Issue 3, 2019.
Caroline Ratcliffe, William J. Congdon, and Signe-Mary McKernan. “Prepaid Cards at Tax Time and Beyond: Findings and Lessons from the MyAccountCard Pilot.” Journal of Consumer Affairs, Volume 52, Issue 2, 2017.
Signe-Mary McKernan, Caroline Ratcliffe, Eugene Steuerle, and Sisi Zhang. “Disparities in Wealth Accumulation and Loss from the Great Recession and Beyond.” American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, Volume 104, Issue 5, 2014.
Signe-Mary McKernan, Caroline Ratcliffe, and Daniel Kuehn. “Prohibitions, Price Caps, and Disclosures: A Look at State Policies and Alternative Financial Product Use.” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Volume 95, 2013.
Signe-Mary McKernan, Ida Rademacher, Caroline Ratcliffe, Kasey Wiedrich, and Megan Gallagher. “Weathering the Storm: Have IDA Homebuyers Fared in the Foreclosure Crisis?” Housing Policy Debate, Volume 21, Issue 4, 2011.