Playing a money counting game
Students practice counting money by playing a game where they take turns earning money and paying someone for a job.
Knowing how to count money helps you keep track of what you earn and spend.
- How can I make sure I’m getting paid what I earned?
- How can I make sure I’m correctly paying someone what they earned?
- Practice counting money
- Begin to understand the concepts of earning and spending
What students will do
- Work in pairs to play a game where students take turns earning money and paying someone for a job.
- Practice counting money.
- Reflect on what they’ve learned about counting money.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.