Skip to main content
Category: Nationwide


Experian is one of the three nationwide providers of consumer reports.

Contact this company to request your report

  • This company will provide one free credit report every 12 months if you request it.
  • This company offers you the option to freeze your report with them if you request it. 
  • Requesting copies of your own consumer reports does not hurt your credit scores. 
  • For companies required to provide the information in your report for free annually upon request, they must do so within fifteen days of receiving your request.
  • This company will provide free credit monitoring services to active duty servicemembers and to National Guard members, by visiting their active military web page .

Contact information type
Request your report
Freeze your report



Phone number

(877) 322-8228 (Option 1)

(888) 397-3742 (Option 1 then Option 2)

Mailing address

Central Source, LLC 

P.O. Box 105283 

Atlanta, GA 30348-5283


How to use this report

Here's what is included in this report:

  • Information about your payment history (as submitted by credit card companies, home and auto lenders (and leasing companies), and other creditors). 
  • How much credit you have and use.
  • Positive rent payment data, i.e., payments that are made as agreed between tenants and landlords. 
  • Information from debt collectors including unpaid medical debt that is greater than 180 days delinquent from date of service, and debt from charged-off cable and phone bills.
  • Some public information like bankruptcies.
  • Inquiries from creditors who have requested your credit reports, such as when you apply for credit.

How to dispute the information in your report

If you find information in your consumer report that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the legal right to dispute the report’s content with the consumer reporting company and the company that shared the information to the reporting company, such as your lender. Under the FCRA, companies must conduct – free of charge – a reasonable investigation of your dispute. The company that has provided the incorrect information must correct the error, and notify all of the consumer reporting companies to whom it provided the inaccurate information.

How to dispute an error on your credit report