Provides background screening services. Backgroundchecks.com is affiliated with General Information Services, Inc. (GIS).
Contact this company to request your report
- All consumer reporting companies must provide you with a copy of your information for a reasonable fee (the maximum allowable fee is $13.00).
How to use this report
Many employment screening companies won’t have information on you unless you authorized an employer or other end-user to obtain a report. If possible, when you give your authorization, ask for the name(s) of the employment screening company being used. Contact those reporting companies to fact-check your reports.
If the employer is checking your credit history in separate reports, from one or all three of the nationwide providers of consumer reports, request and review those reports too.
Here's what may be included in this report:
- Verification information such as credit history, employment, salary and education and professional license verification.
- Criminal arrest and conviction information.
- Fingerprint information from state and federal criminal record databases.
- Driving record information.
- Drug and alcohol testing and health screening information.
- Non-profit and volunteer activity verification
How to dispute the information in your report
If you find information in your consumer report that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the legal right to dispute the report’s content with the consumer reporting company and the company that shared the information to the reporting company, such as your lender. Under the FCRA, companies must conduct – free of charge – a reasonable investigation of your dispute. The company that has provided the incorrect information must correct the error, and notify all of the consumer reporting companies to whom it provided the inaccurate information.