On Tuesday, July 11, 2023, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) hosted a hearing on medical billing and collections, with a focus on medical payment products, such as medical credit cards and installment loans. The event, which will take place at the CFPB’s Washington, D.C. headquarters, will feature leadership from across the government.
Members of the public will have a chance to hear from the CFPB, partner agencies, and organizations on high-cost specialty financial products that are pushed on patients as a way to pay for medical care.
Rohit Chopra, Director of the CFPB; Remarks
- Sean McCluskie, Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Rob Bonta, Attorney General of California
- Julia Char Gilbert, Connelly Policy Advocate, Colorado Center on Law and Policy
- Mona Shah, Senior Director of Policy and Strategy, Community Catalyst
- Chi Chi Wu, Senior Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Jennifer Holloway, Equal Justice Works Fellow, Tzedek DC
If you have general questions regarding this event, please contact the CFPB's Office of Public Engagement at PE_events@cfpb.gov.