Request for individual access to records protected under the Privacy Act
This form may be used to seek access to your records pursuant to the Privacy Act. Please provide the information requested below and submit.
This form may be used if you are:
- Seeking access to your records pursuant to the Privacy Act
- A parent seeking access to the records of a minor
- A legal guardian seeking access to the records of an incompetent
If you have any questions, please contact the CFPB’s FOIA Office at FOIA@cfpb.gov or at (855) 444-3642.
Information used for identity-proofing and authentication
Please provide the following information to assist the CFPB in verifying your identity:
- Full name
- Electronically signed statement (at the bottom of this form) that affirms your identity and the fact that you understand penalties associated with requesting information under false pretenses
- A photocopy of two forms of identification, including one form of identification that bears your photograph, and one form of identification that bears your signature; or
- A photocopy of a single form of identification that bears both your photograph and signature
For requests by parent or legal guardian
If you are a parent seeking access to the records of a minor or a legal guardian seeking access to the records of an incompetent, you will be required to provide adequate proof of your legal relationship before action will be taken on any request. If you have any questions, please contact the CFPB’s FOIA Office at FOIA@cfpb.gov or at (855) 444-3642.
The term guardian means the legal guardian of any individual who has been declared to be incompetent due to physical or mental incapacity or age by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Additional information required to locate the records
This information is required for the CFPB to be able to match the individual's information provided in this request with the records that pertain to that individual.