Skip to main content

Get help paying rent

If you’re having trouble making rent payments, you’re not alone.

Apply for COVID rent relief

You or your landlord may be able to apply, depending on where you live.

Find your local program

Learn about eligibility and what the money can be used for

Talk to a local expert

This can be a lot to navigate. There are local experts who can help, for free or at a low cost.

Need help applying? Talk with a housing counselor

Housing counselors can help you find resources in your area and make a plan. Contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)’s housing counseling program.

Call 800-569-4287 or find a housing counselor

Talk with a lawyer to understand your legal options

If your landlord is threatening to evict you, or you need help understanding your rights, talk to a lawyer. You may qualify for free legal aid, based on your income.