Provides account verification services primarily for financial institutions. Collects and reports data on checking account applications, openings, and closures, including reasons for account closure.
ChexSystems is affiliated with Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FNIS).
Contact this company to request your report
- This company will provide one free report every 12 months if you request it. A free score will be provided upon request too.
- This company will freeze your consumer report if you request it.
- Requesting copies of your own consumer reports does not hurt your credit scores.
- For companies required to provide the information in your report for free annually upon request, they must do so within fifteen days of receiving your request.
How to use this report
Here's what may be included in this report:
- Checking account applications, openings, and closures
- Check writing history
If you have been a victim of bank and/or check writing fraud, or have had prior difficulties opening or closing a bank account, review your check and bank screening report(s) and dispute them if inaccurate. This applies especially if you are about to open a new bank and/or checking account.
How to dispute the information in your report
If you find information in your consumer report that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the legal right to dispute the report’s content with the consumer reporting company and the company that shared the information to the reporting company, such as your lender. Under the FCRA, companies must conduct – free of charge – a reasonable investigation of your dispute. The company that has provided the incorrect information must correct the error, and notify all of the consumer reporting companies to whom it provided the inaccurate information.