A key mission for us is to make the financial products and services that you use more transparent. Transparency is at the core of our agenda, and it is a key part of how we operate. You deserve to know what we’re doing for the American public and how we are doing it.
Here’s you’ve got a window into how we operate every day. You can:
- Browse our leadership calendar to see whom the Bureau’s leadership has met with
- Learn more about our budget
- View our FY 2013 Service Contract Inventory and Planned Analysis, specifically: A Summary Worksheet of our ten largest service contract obligations and special interest functions, a worksheet including the FY 2013 SCI worksheet that we awarded in FY 2013 or that were awarded in FY 2013 on our behalf, and memo to OMB SCI FY13 planned analysis. For prior year reports, please visit Doing business with us.
- Read our blog to learn about the ways we’re working every day to serve you
- Browse all reports we published to see what we’re working on
- View documents that provide guidance to industry and the public
Our mission requires direct, constant engagement with the American public. Over time, we will build more ways to engage with you, including listening to your stories and ideas. Moving forward, this will include, among other things:
- Creating an official open government plan
- Publishing information to help you better understand the consumer financial services industry
- Hosting ongoing discussions between the our senior leadership and the general public
- Challenging the private sector to produce innovative ideas to benefit more consumers
In addition to our commitment to openness, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires us to disclose certain types of information on request. The law requires a response within 20 business days in most cases, and our goal is to provide you the information you request within this established timeframe.