- Nov 20 Proposed changes to our Mortgage Servicing Rules: New protections for surviving family members and other homeowners
- Nov 18 Social Security disability income shouldn’t mean you don’t qualify for a mortgage
- Oct 10 Know Before You Owe: Proposed updates to TILA-RESPA final rule
Help for homeowners
Our rules protect borrowers and make it easier for them to get the help they need. If you need assistance buying a home or understanding alternatives to foreclosure, you can reach a HUD-approved housing counselor by calling 888-995-HOPE (4673).
Get help with your mortgage
Understand your mortgage statement
Sample letters to send to your mortgage servicer
Get answers to your mortgage related questions.
- What is a Qualified Mortgage?
- I’m not yet behind on my mortgage loan payments but worry that I will be. What should I do?