Writing a personal savings statement in many languages
Using the strategies of expository writing and writing in their language of study, students create a personal savings statement sharing their own beliefs about saving money.
Saving money can help you achieve financial well-being.
- Why is saving money a good financial strategy?
- What do you feel is worth saving for?
- Create a well-crafted expository paragraph that describes why saving money is important to you
- Begin to plan for spending and savings decisions that are aligned with personal goals and values
What students will do
- Write a topic sentence in their language of study that presents their values or ideas related to saving money.
- Write and organize at least three supporting sentences in their language of study that broaden and deepen the points made in their topic sentence.
- Write a concluding sentence in their language of study that summarizes key points or revisits ideas from the topic sentence.