Wondering about virtual currencies
Students practice their nonfiction reading skills as they read a consumer advisory about virtual currency written by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and answer questions to measure their reading comprehension skills.
Virtual currency is a type of digital money issued and controlled by its developers, rather than by a government, and can be accepted and exchanged among members of a virtual community.
- What are virtual currencies?
- What risks should I be aware of related to virtual currencies?
- Read a nonfiction text in order to develop a basic understanding of virtual currencies
- Be able to analyze text by making inferences, finding the main idea, and examining vocabulary in context
What students will do
- Read a nonfiction text.
- Answer reading comprehension questions.