Reading about insurance
By analyzing a text about insurance, students learn ways they can protect themselves from risk and avoid high costs when something goes wrong.
Insurance helps protect people from health and financial risks.
- What are some common types of insurance people buy to protect themselves from risk?
- How does insurance protect you from paying high costs if something goes wrong?
- Identify some common types of insurance
- Describe how insurance works
What students will do
- Read and analyze a text about insurance to understand how insurance can help people manage risk.
- Answer reading comprehension questions.
- Discuss the reading to deepen their understanding of insurance.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.