Reading about federal financial aid
By analyzing a text about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), students learn about the most common process for applying for financial aid to help pay for higher education.
The FAFSA is a financial aid tool that will help students find funding sources to help them pay for their post-secondary education.
- How can the FAFSA help you and your family pay for higher education?
- How does your family’s financial situation affect the amount of federal financial aid you may receive?
- Understand the basics of federal financial aid
- Describe what FAFSA is and how it helps you obtain financial aid
What students will do
- Read and analyze a text about federal financial aid and the FAFSA.
- Answer reading comprehension questions.
- Discuss the reading to deepen their understanding of federal financial aid.