Increasing your earning potential
Students use a U.S. Department of Labor online resource to research different careers, their education or skill requirements, and how much they may pay.
Each career requires unique skills that affect how much money you can earn.
- What careers are available in different categories?
- How do education and skill level affect how much money people can make for specific careers?
- Define multiple careers within a category
- Reflect on the required education or skills for a career and how much it may pay
What students will do
- Research careers using the online Occupational Outlook Handbook, a resource from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Report on the education and skills required for those careers.
- Report on how much people can earn in those careers.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.