Students act out different ways to get paid and then explore the benefits and risks of each option.
People can be paid for their work in different ways.
- What are the most common options employers may use to pay the people who work for them?
- What are some benefits and risks of different ways of getting paid?
- Understand the process for depositing a paper paycheck into a bank account
- Understand how direct deposits of paychecks can occur
What students will do
- Work in groups to review a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) publication to learn about at least one way they can receive the money they earn from a job.
- Act out one of two ways to get paid: paper check or direct deposit.
- Answer reflection questions about these two payment methods.