Creating a PSA about credit cards
Students conduct Internet research to create a 30- or 60-second TV public service announcement (PSA) to raise awareness of and motivate people to adopt safe and responsible credit card practices.
It’s helpful to understand the benefits and responsibilities of owning and using a credit card.
- What are some of the rules to live by when using a credit card?
- How can using a credit card help an individual practice positive money management habits?
- Understand some key benefits of having a credit card
- Learn positive habits associated with using a credit card
What students will do
- Generate questions about using credit cards.
- Conduct research on government websites to gather information about credit cards.
- Storyboard a PSA that highlights an important idea(s) or tip(s) about using credit cards.
- Perform their PSA for the class or record a video of it.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.