Creating an insurance commercial
Students demonstrate their understanding of how insurance minimizes financial risk by creating a commercial that features a specific type of insurance product.
When you purchase insurance, you gain some protection from the financial burdens that may accompany unexpected life events.
- What are some unexpected events that could cause a financial burden?
- How does having insurance help reduce financial risk?
- Understand how insurance creates shared risk between the policyholder and the insurance company
- Describe unexpected events that could cause a financial burden
- Create a commercial showing the risks associated with not having insurance
What students will do
- Review basic information about insurance using the “What is insurance?” and “Types of insurance” handouts.
- Brainstorm examples of unexpected events that could negatively affect your finances without the proper insurance.
- Work with a partner or small group to create a commercial showing risks involved with not having insurance.
- Perform their commercial for classmates and watch the other commercials.