Counting cash in any language
Students practice handling money through simulated purchases and sales transactions in their target language.
Knowing how to make change can help you prevent costly and embarrassing mistakes and help make sure you’re in control of your money.
- Why is it important to be able to conduct efficient and accurate money transactions?
- What strategies can I use to accurately calculate my change after making a purchase?
- Practice counting out the correct amount of change after a simulated purchase
- Practice giving back change in the fewest number of bills possible
What students will do
- Participate in simulated transactions using the proper terms or vocabulary from the language they’re studying.
- Calculate correct change using the fewest number of bills.
- Practice their conversational and counting skills in the language they’re studying.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.