Calculating rate of return
Students calculate the rate of return to measure an investment’s performance and answer questions about investing.
Rate of return is a common way to measure and compare the growth of investments.
- What is rate of return?
- How does rate of return help you determine how well investments have performed?
- Understand how rate of return helps measure investments’ performance
- Use a simple rate of return formula to calculate investments’ gains or losses
What students will do
- Calculate the rate of return for a range of investments.
- Share their thoughts on topics related to investing.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.