Trial Disclosure Sandbox
Much Federal consumer protection law rests on the assumption that accurate and effective disclosures will help Americans understand the costs, benefits, and risks of different consumer financial products and services.
Let’s make disclosures work as effectively as possible for consumers
Design an innovative disclosure and/or way of delivering a disclosure that improves on existing disclosures. Apply for a waiver to try out your idea and measure how well it works. Each trial will have safeguards to protect against consumer harm.
For example, your trial could involve:
- Improvements in disclosure content, format, and/or delivery mechanisms
- Disclosures about any product or service we regulate
- Iterative testing
- Tests by a single firm or a group of firms working collaboratively
Interested in applying?
- We strongly encourage you to talk to us first
- Review the
- Ready to apply? Fill out the
- Send us your application by email or mail:
Email (with the "Trial Disclosure Sandbox" in the subject line)
Trial Disclosure Sandbox Application
C/o Office of Innovation
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
1700 G Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20552