Loan Originator Rule
Resources to help industry understand, implement, and comply with the loan originator rule.
Browse the loan originator final rules to see specific amendments made by each final rule to Regulation Z.
Regulations and official interpretationsBrowse Regulation Z (12 CFR 1026) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Main loan originator rule provisions and official interpretations can be found in:
- § 1026.36(a) Definitions, including “compensation” and “loan originator”
- § 1026.36(d) Prohibition on payment based on terms of the transaction
- § 1026.36(d) Prohibition on dual compensation
- § 1026.36(e) Prohibition on steering
- § 1026.36(f) Loan originator qualification requirements
- § 1026.36(g) Loan originator identification
- § 1026.36(h) Prohibition on mandatory arbitration clauses and waivers of certain consumer rights
- § 1026.36(i) Prohibition on financing credit insurance
- § 1026.36(j) Policies and procedures to ensure and monitor compliance
Sign up for updates about mortgage rule implementation.
Small entity compliance guide
Supervision and examination materials
Guides to how the Bureau will supervise and examine entities under its jurisdiction for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.