Resources to help industry participants understand, implement, and comply with the Prepaid Rule.
Browse the rule to review the prepaid-specific changes to Regulations E and Z.
Regulations and official interpretations
Browse Regulation E (12 CFR 1005) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
Browse Regulation Z (12 CFR 1026) on: Interactive Bureau Regulations |
The primary rule provisions specific to prepaid, and official interpretations, can be found in:
- § 1005.2(b)(3), Definitions/ account/ prepaid account
- § 1005.15, Electronic fund transfer of government benefits
- § 1005.18, Requirements for financial institutions offering prepaid accounts
- § 1005.19, Internet posting of prepaid account agreements
- § 1026.61, Hybrid prepaid-credit cards
Small entity compliance guide
Guide to preparing the short form disclosure for prepaid accounts
Supervision and examination materials
Guides to how the Bureau and prudential regulators will supervise and examine entities for compliance with Federal consumer financial law.
Information regarding the agreement submission requirements of the prepaid rule.