Tracking income for an artist family
Using a case study about a family of artists, students calculate monthly net income and explore how irregular income may make it challenging to manage monthly expenses.
Knowing your monthly net income is helpful when creating and managing a budget.
- How does having a clear picture of monthly net income help you plan ahead and make and follow a budget?
- What types of challenges does irregular income present to money management?
- Recognize different sources of income
- Use a financial tracker to organize income
- Begin to understand how monthly net income can vary due to irregular income
What students will do
- Learn key terms related to income.
- Use the “Tracking income for an artist family” worksheet to explore a case study looking at the income challenges of artists and to calculate weekly and monthly net income.
- Explore how net income changes as a result of irregular income.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.