Teaching others about Social Security
Students learn about Social Security and create a social media graphic that teaches people about how tax dollars are used to fund important Social Security benefits.
Social security touches nearly all Americans at some point in their lives.
- What is the Social Security tax and why do we pay it?
- How do people benefit from Social Security?
- Understand what the Social Security tax is
- Use slogans and images to communicate the importance of Social Security benefits
What students will do
- Read about Social Security taxes and benefits.
- Create a social media graphic for a Social Security benefits social marketing campaign.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.