Setting a SMART savings goal
Students discuss short-term and long-term goals and what makes a goal SMART. They then create their own short-term savings goal and make an action plan to meet that goal.
Saving money can help you achieve financial well-being.
- How can I reach my savings goals?
- What is a SMART goal?
- Understand the concept of a SMART goal
- Create a SMART savings goal and savings targets
- Identify steps they can take to reach their targets
What students will do
- Review the key elements of a SMART goal.
- Use the “Setting a SMART savings goal” worksheet to set a SMART savings goal.
- Create savings targets and a savings plan to achieve this goal.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.