Saving for unexpected events
Students brainstorm unexpected events that may cost money and then analyze emergency scenarios to better understand the importance of having an emergency savings fund.
Planning ahead for unexpected events makes it easier to face financial challenges.
- How can I prepare myself financially for unexpected events?
- How can I start to build an emergency savings fund?
- Identify types of unexpected events that cost money
- Understand how to create a budget or savings plan to set aside money for unexpected events
What students will do
- Brainstorm unexpected events that cost money.
- Analyze two budgets and determine whether there’s enough money saved to cover the unplanned need.
Note: Please remember to consider your students’ accommodations and special needs to ensure that all students are able to participate in a meaningful way.